MDS Policies & Procedures
Tuition and Pricing:
Classes run from September through recital in June.All tuition payments are due between the 1st and 6th of every month. There is a $15 late charge for tuition paid after the 6th and an additional $5 per week thereafter. There is a $30 charge on returned checks. Monthly tuition remains constant whether a student is present or not. Pricing is the same whether there are 3 or up to 5 classes per month. If the account is 30 days delinquent, an inquiry will be made to expedite payment for services rendered. If the account is 60 days delinquent, the student will be dropped from the roster and will not be allowed in class until account is current.
The tuition assessed by My Dance Studio, Inc assists with the facility rental, utilities, instructor’s wages, and administrative/operating cost.
Our staff wants all students to have the same amount of training prior to dancing in the June recital. Make-up classes are available and strongly suggested when students are absent or after scheduled studio closings. There are no refunds/deductions for missed classes and they must be made up within 30 days.
***In case of inclement weather, the studio voicemail will be updated by 3:30pm with a cancellation notice. ***
Dress Code: All students must wear the appropriate dancewear and shoes. If a student is not dressed appropriately, they may not be permitted to participate in class. Hair must be secured before entering class. No loose and/or sharp jewelry is allowed in class.• Ballet- Ballet students must wear a black leotard and pink tights(Kids Ballet must wear pink) or tan tights. (Ballet skirts are optional). Pink leather ballet slipper (Ages 7+ split sole ballet shoes)
• Jazz- Black leather jazz shoes; students must wear a leotard or sports bra, tights, and dance shorts.
• Hip Hop- Students must wear a leotard or sports bra Hip Hop students may wear sweat pants; sneakers for dance only (NO street shoes)
• Tap- Students must wear a leotard or sports bra, tights, and dance shorts. Black tap shoes (Intermediate/ Advanced classes- full laced black leather shoes)
• Lyrical- Tan, footed and backless lyrical sandals. Students must wear a leotard or sports bra, tights, and dance shorts.
Spring Recital: A $48 non-refundable Recital Fee is due by February 6th. The recital fee includes 4 tickets. All students must order a recital costume for EACH dance your dancer is participating in. Most costumes are ordered from a 3rd party site called Costume Manager. Costumes must be ordered by the appropriate deadline to ensure it is back in time for recital. This is usually the end of December. All students performing in the annual recital in June are required to participate in Dress Rehearsal. This is considered a mandatory rehearsal and not attending may affect your ability to participate in recital.
• No gum, food or drinks are allowed in the dance studio.
• MDS is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please be sure to put your name on the inside of all dance shoes and clothing items worn to the studio.
• Students are not allowed to enter the classroom without supervision.
• Once class is in session, no interruptions please! Doors stay closed.Teachers will open doors when appropriate.
• No cell phones are allowed in class.
• Students should wait inside the building for their parents.
• Please pick your children up promptly after their class ends. If you are running late, please call the studio to let someone know.
• Siblings cannot be left unattended at the studio. We want your children to be safe. No one is available to watch them while teachers are in class or working the desk
• Please let the front desk know as soon as possible if you are not able to perform in our annual recital.
• You will be charged for tuition unless we are notified that a student is dropping out.
• LATE PICKS: Parents may be charged a sitting fee if frequent late pick-ups occur.
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORMS
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
Click to enlarge
"Chase the DREAM, not the competition".